Picture of the Bear Ring Amphi-theatre at Bankside
The Boar's Head Theatre - Elizabethan Amphitheatre
Boar's Head Theatre started life as a London Inn in the possession of a widow called Mrs. Poley. The popularity, and profit to be made from playgoers, saw the Boar's Head used as an Inn-yard from 1557.
The Boar's Head Theatre was located in Whitechapel, London. In 1595 Mrs. Poley leased it to Oliver Woodliffe conditional on him spending £100 over a seven year period on renovation of the Boar's Head Inn and converting it into an Amphi-theatre with the addition of expanded covered galleries, a tiring-house and a half covered stage.